P.A.P. Smears

|
Yeah, I was also laughing like crazy when I thought about an appropriate title for having evidences on my 'patience-&-perseverance'... woot! 'I Try' by Macy Gray is now on the radio... what a great Monday morning!

'Goodbye & I choke... try to walk away but I stumble... though I try to hide it, it's clear... la-la-la' 

Anyways, last night the service was really one of the most heart-felt moments I ever had- it wasn't really a topic people are looking forward to hear, but simple words like patience & perseverance echoed through my ears that gave me some realizations in life.
So the topic was actually one of your favorites too- SUFFERING (lol).

We all, if not underwent, are undergoing with a lot of sufferings right now- financial crisis, job promotions (worst, unemployment), retirement, pressures from our peers & parents, being gossiped about something you did, losing some of the closest friends you have, or being hated by everyone.

Suffering, how much we try to get away from it, really is a normal part of life. I hear people saying 'why me, Lord?', 'it's not fair...' or (your fave) 'out of eight billion people in this world, I was chosen to...' (blah-blah-blah).

I have this friend who is in a relationship with someone who is not that physically-well, & she keeps asking me the same questions too. WHY? Why do we feel that God wasn't there when we are asking for His help?

There are actually three reasons why we have suffering in this world *couple of deep breaths*:

1. Because of the people's wrongdoings- which is actually true. Ever heard someone found peace when he just committed a sin?

2. We live in a fallen world- No matter how much we try to deny that fact, it's still part of our reality. 'Why is this man blind when he was born?'... because we live in a fallen world. (1st Peter 4:15)

3. We suffer for righteousness sake- When everything is lost, God wants us to turn to Him.

When I think about these reasons, I was thinking about how it really sucks for us. But you know what, we're actually have the power to overcome these sufferings in life.

How? Well, we just have to become like the farmers. What the heck?

Yes! It's true. When a farmer plants his seed, he expects a harvest. But before that harvest, he knows that there will be seasonal disasters that can ruin his crops- storms, locusts, drought, etc.

Why does he have to plant his seeds & expect a harvest when he knows there will be many natural destructions that can hinder his harvest? That's actually the point of the story.

As said on the book of James 5:8, God is a constant God- no matter how much we suffer, God is still willing to give you what we need, all we have to do is to stand firm, have faith, patience & perseverance.

Sometimes we always grow impatient when it comes to asking God something we like- that's what I feel now for my iPhone, my driving lessons, & dad's car (lol). But he reminded me that sometimes my time & God's wasn't really jiving (thank you mom for that word) at all.

Like a farmer, we just have to believe that in the end of all those sufferings, God will find a better path for us... & it's gonna be so worth it in the end.

In the midst of all those trials & tribulations, I know we're not alone- a good fact that eases up our burdens. Our God, family & friends will always be there to keep us sane enough to overcome all these.

Sometimes we just have to be messed up... to step up.

Patience & Perseverance- what evidences can you prove to yourself how much you can endure the sufferings just to overcome them?

It's really unbelievable how much I'm looking forward spending time with some of the people I love. Today, I'm gonna go to C.H.I.L.D. (but first, I'm gonna pack some old clothes & I have to look for 'pogs', my promise to Mark) to visit those angels & then go watch a movie with Markie & Mafe, the 'birthweek' celebrant.

I have to say I'm really moved by the support you're giving me these past few days. All of you bloggers & readers really made my heart grew bigger & I just can't believe the efforts you're giving me whenever I needed something. I love you all & thank you so much! The nominations are still up so thank you in advance for those who nominated me. God bless & have a happy Monday morning!

Shaping in, shipping out, Aldrinne :D

3 comments:

iyouwe said...

this is a really nice blog! lov it!
yup, add oill!

maFe said...

nice..

kenwooi said...

all the best in winning an award =)