C.H.I.L.D.

|
Yesterday, I was supposed to tell you about our last day at the Center for Health Improvement & Life Development, but I really had to start begging for your help when I received that Nuffnang Blog Awards letter in my email. Well, good news because if there is a prize money involved in this contest, it will go automatically to these children who need our help.

But first, I'm really happy about yesterday's socialization on that place. I really had fun bonding with these cute little angels who deserve so much more in life.


With Mark :)

We arrived early in the morning to discuss about the last topics about pediatric common disorders, which was really helpful during our Course Audit. Dr. Lorelei, our clinical instructor, is really a good teacher; When the students are reporting in front of the class, she makes sure everyone understands the things that are being told to us.

After that, we had a quick brunch outside & then started talking about the program. So I was assigned for the opening prayer & all that.

We started the program at around twelve o'clock in the afternoon. Mark (who has Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma), May (with Systemic Lupus Erythematosus), John (who has Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia) together with the other kids were present too. That made me smile.

So the socialization went off smoothly. We danced & feasted on the food we prepared, & I gave them cute little gold stars & told them that they symbolize hope if we just pray to God.


With John :D
The program was a success, but it got me really sad when I remember that this was our last day here, although for sure I'm going to visit them soon. I promised Mark to buy him some 'pogs', May was scheduled for a biopsy so I told her I'm gonna go back. John kissed me on the cheeks when I was carrying him; that was his way of saying 'thank you' &, for me, was his 'you're welcome' too. I really believe that these children are destined for greatness, I just know it.

I tried to hold my tears from falling- success. From that moment, when I left the gates of their sanctuary, I really wish I was a billionaire. Although impossible (for now), I just want to give the treatments they needed. Even though we planned a socialization to help them cope up from their worries, I guess in the end we were the ones who needed that socialization after all. That's why I wanted to thank them for helping us appreciate life in every way. I was planning to go there at the 31st of August, so if you want to come with me, just drop me a message or something.

God bless & have a nice day everyone. I'll start preparing for school now, & thank you for helping me in the nomination phase, I really appreciate all your efforts so much. Please continue supporting alright? Thank you!
Shaping in, shipping out, Aldrinne :D

1 comments:

Jimi said...

Hello allan, proud of you!

~ visited from IMCurtain