Familingectomy

|
Hey guys! What a stressful but brilliant start of the week I've got, primarily my hospital duties, adventures & regression moments all jam-packed in just two days.

So I've been out from the blogosphere yesterday & even took a break from the virtual world because of all the errands I was juggling. I was kinda dizzy when mom woke me up at eight in the morning to buy her something from a store faraway from home.
  
The dancer, the pilot & the father lol
The dancer, the pilot & the father lol
   
You see, I haven't had any early retirement for the last couple of weeks now cause of school works &, of course, procrastinations. On monday, after I was dismissed early from our duty cause of the strike, we went to Quezon City to have dinner with my aunt & bond with the two cutest little angels whom we call Anton & Macky. :)

Those guys were old for their age. Well not really, but you don't get to see nine or ten-year olds downloading different iPhone applications, dancing like Michael Jackson or reading Twilight, making three pages essay, or even parking a car! everyday, right?
 
I played chess & chinese checkers with those two. I enjoyed it cause they really  know a thing or two in those games, though Anton's kinda used to playing board games from the computer. It's funny how you enjoy playing with kids- it lets you know that your inner child still exists. Regression isn't really that bad, you guys.

I never really had a little brother. I mean, I do have one but I can't baby a seventeen-year old?! I already have a little sister to spoil but I also want a baby brother like Anton or Macky. They actually let me forget how many things I should be finishing, but playing with them decreases my worries & burdens.

I only had a few hours with them & I felt like they're already family, they are actually. They'll be going home to the States though, so too bad I don't get to spend more time with them. I constantly looked at my phone last night when we're in duty to check those cute little faces & it's sad that I'm not gonna be seeing them & aunt Gina for a few months.

At least I'll have the chance to go with them to the airport later after my class, meaning I could say goodbye to them & have a lot of picture taking later. Argghhh! I really want a baby brother. Make me one now! lol Guess time will tell.
 
Yesterday, I didn't get so much rest nor preparation for my last duty in Rizal Provincial Hospital. I went to buy something for my mom at eight o'clock, picked up the camera from an office & hurried back to the house. I hadn't had any time to rest so I immediately ate & mom didn't even give me extra money for my effort haha, but it's okay though. Rewards will be given when you at the least are expecting it.
 
I left the house at 12:30 & arrived to the hospital at exactly two o'clock. Two of my clustermates, Randy & Rainier, scrubbed in for an appendectomy in a pediatric patient like an hour later. I haven't had the appetite to ingest something but I was really parched.
 
At eight-ish Jerha & I scrubbed in for a Bilateral Tubal Ligation or BTL procedure. I felt like an idiot cause I'm shaking during the preparation, & even got confused when people were talking at the same time when I was trying to insert the glove from the doctor's hand.
 
At least I've learned so much though, especially the instruments I already have forgotten during Health Care 2, & it's officially my first time to scrub in cause I was just an assistant retracting the bladder & suctioning the excess blood in my caesarian section case. I also didn't know that stages is another term for pathology of a disease. I hate that I studied that of the appendicitis & didn't even know what a stage exactly means...
 
Well, at least I've learned so much from Sir Virgilio Zafra, he actually has a technique that boosts your knowledge in the Operating Room do's & dont's. Thank you sir for making our clinical skills better than before. I really need to practice harder this time if I wanna be a nurse next year.
 
So to summarize this thing up, since aunt Gina's getting vertigo from reading long posts haha, it's just so nice to be back on track. It's not really about the way I wanna be for now, but it's about the way I should be for the future.

Verse for today comes from the book of Hebrews 4:12: For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. I've read two straight verses from Hebrews now & I'm getting interested on reading but I'm still reading Mark so I'll just wait. My song for today is Undiscovered by james Morrison.
 
Before I forget I wanna say hi to my new blog readers from Indonesia & Singapore. Many were sending me suggestions from my comment section in all of my posts. I'm trying to simplify it where you could just enter your name & email address & you're good to go. Subscription process where you put the same thing on Mark My Mouth does not change though.
 
I also apologize to those who are reading my blog posts in Allanned! & is asking me why I'm not updating it unlike LJ. I actually make my post here but I keep forgetting posting the same thing on Allanned! so I'm really sorry but I'm gonna make it up to you, I promise. God bless, take care & have a nice Wednesday! I'm gonna prepare for school now :)
  
Shaping in, shipping out, Allan :D

0 comments: