Give It to Me Baby... Seriously!

|
I was browsing my Friendster buddies awhile ago & I saw one of my friends in the networking business wearing my Adidas jacket that he borrowed months ago.

& it looks good on me than on you!
& it looks good on me than on you!

So the story of how he borrowed it from me was when we were at a club & I took it off because it was so hot in there. He asked for my permission to wear the jacket & out of courtesy, I let him. Minutes later mom called me to check up on me & I decided to go home because I think I remember it was a school night. Eventually I called a cab & then forgot the jacket he was wearing. I told my friend to tell him to give it back tomorrow.

Months later, & I still haven't got my jacket. I know it's something to be trifled with but seriously?! Borrowing is not the same with taking it.

Actually, it happened a lot of times now. My iPod, one of my composition folders, my Maternal & Child Health Nursing book, my 2gB Flash Drive & my Nintendo DS Lite.

When I had my first make-up duty during my second year of college(because I was late during one of our community services), I met this guy who's looking for an iPod. I'm planning to buy a new one with the same style & color because my Nano's had this broken Hold button & there's no one to fix it. He agreed to buy mine so we met at some place days later to purchase it & I then bought the one my friend has.

Weeks later he complained about how the exterior of the iPod is damaged. I thought "what do you expect? You bought a second-hand iPod." However, being a good person that I was, I agreed to switch my new Nano for the old one but he has to give me a couple of bucks to be fair, & then he forgot to bring mine while I gave the new one.

Days later I asked him when can we meet to get mine, then it turned to weeks, months & still no reply whatsoever. A year later my mom fired up because that person doesn't know how to give back a thing that's not his. He texted me saying his old maid stole it from him. Sucks, right?

So there I was, asking him to pay me five thousand pesos even though it was supposed to be more than six or seven. He transferred four thousand to my ATM & never got back the one thousand.

A networking friend of mine also borrowed my composition folder for awhile just to have something that she can put her paper on to write. I asked her to bring it tomorrow & I went home. On the following day I asked her about the folder & she didn't know where she put it. (You do know how important my songs are to me, right?) Days later I asked her again & then she just laughed it off saying that it's already gone. I even went to the Lost & Found office to look for it, but I didn't get it back. I haven't had any copy of some of my songs there because I've written those songs when I was in high school. Luckily, I recorded it months ago & put it in my imeem profile so all I need to do is listen to it, but I'm still not sure if I have all of it.

The one who lost my composition folder is also the one who borrowed my book which until now, she has never returned. We both have the same course & the same level & there was a time I arrived at the office after school, so she borrowed the first volume of my Maternal & Child Health Nursing book because she spent the cash to something else rather  than the book. Day after day after day I've constantly asked her to bring it back to me but she always tells me that she always forgot & that I need to remind her before she goes out from her house. That was a year ago when she borrowed it, & now she haven't returned it from me. The worst part is she's not complying nor answering anymore when I text or call her. My mom's studying nursing too & we will need that book soon.

My friend & at the same time my downline borrowed my USB flash drive for her to save her projects on. I know I should learn my lesson but still, I agreed since I trust this friend of mine so much. Okay, it's already two months since I let her borrowed it from me, I hope she didn't lose it or something. I had copies of some of my songs there.

My duty mate back then borrowed my Nintendo DS Lite for a week & he gave it to one of my closest friends. I talked to her awhile ago & then she gave it to another friend of mine so I was relieved that I'm getting my gadget soon. At least we still communicate & that's better than the people who borrowed the things & didn't even have the courtesy to reply.. or to give my things back to me. So that's why today, I'm really gonna be hesitant if someone borrows something from me.

Happy Father's Day to all dads out there. Some of you really deserve this day. Happy Father's Day to my mom & my step-dad. God bless & have a nice & quiet, & hopefully not nostalgic, Sunday!

Song for today: Please Don't Stop The Rain by James Morrison
  
Shaping in, shipping out, Allan :)

0 comments: