Clear...ance

|
If there is one thing I have regretted in my nineteen years of existence, I would probably say the abbreviation GCIC- not because of the school nor the unfair tuition, not even those snobby accounting people who makes good money by letting you fall in line forever. No.

The best things in life aren't just free, but it isn't obvious too. When you try looking at it, people always say that education is important but they never really treat it as a serious matter. People whine about waking up in the morning, being bored on the topics being discussed because they'll never be useful in the future anyway & stuff like that. People tend to not appreciate what education can do to us. I'm actually one of those people.

I thought education was overrated when I joined the business... well they seem to tell us that education is nothing when you can't have money just by studying. It's like why do we waste precious time studying when you can put up a business that can bring you lots of money. I believed them at first because I was that cynically naive. I don't want to say I'm a victim of this business, rather I became a victim of my ignorance. I don't believe that they brainwashed me, but I think my mind just lead them on.

I wasn't that serious about school anymore when I gave my time to earn money in doing the business. I'm always saying that I can juggle two worlds at the same time & I can handle it, but I can't. There was a feeling inside of me that's saying it's wrong to give up education just to earn money, but that feeling was so minute I can't even think about it anymore... 

Somewhere a key was found & I opened up that cage & found that feeling, but as you may all know, it's too late. Actually, the key was when I almost failed my subjects & wasn't able to enroll because of the late cheque. It devastated me in an instant, knowing that something so worthless turns out to be something more valuable than I've ever imagined.
 
Tuesday, June 13, 2009, I went to school for the first time since the last three months. It was the same as before I last saw it. I don't know why I'm fidgety but I just want to finish my last business there- my clearance, transcript of records & all that. I saw some old friends, Ian even gave me a hug (we hang out together & play Silent Hill The Arcade). I forgot to bring my ID so I planned to go back tomorrow & really fixed all of it.
 
Wednesday, June 14, 2009, I forgot my mom's ID so I kinda hang out with some old friends there & decided to go to my friend Eric's pad. I was happy bonding with some of my friends & I never once felt it's gonna be a lot different when I finished all my last transactions here because I don't want to.

Then on Thursday, the following day, was the day I've finally decided to finish all of it. I had an exit interview with Ma'am Tobias & she's really nice having a conversation with her. I don't know but I've felt I can't leave the four corners of this school, but I have no choice & it's time to let go. After the exit interview I hang out with Mark, Juanton, & Mary Rose for lunch. I didn't realize that it was kinda the last lunch with them until I step into a new school. I came back & they've given me the green paper- that green paper where I have to visit all the departments or offices there to let them know I don't have anything to do with them anymore.
  
I went around the school & visited some of the people I know there. The guidance counselor, for instance, talked to me if I'm sure about my decision. I told her yes & she signed the papers. Ma'am Dacumos & Dr. Santos were surprised when I told them about my decision to transfer school. That green paper was like my conscience & I feel so guilty & sad. I hugged them & I cried on my way out.

I took a walk in the school hallways for the last time. This is a permanent part of my life & it's taken away from me. I reminisced about the dramas we had in this vicinity. This was like the place where i grew up, met the friends I was gonna spend the rest of my life & where I'm hauled to be a better person... a great person. This was my final moment & it's like burying the Allan that stayed here for four years.

& I am reborn...

0 comments: