Christmas Cliche

|
It's that time of the year again. We have no choice but to be happy, although there's never really a reason why we have to be emotional. It's where we'll be receiving gifts (& precious money!) to families & friends, although being at the age of eighteen kinda makes you illegal in the receiving department. It's also a perfect excuse to be with family at every occasion you'd be attending... never forget to wear red! For us Chinese, it's really a custom to wear that kind of color... it symbolizes good luck.


Actually, I never was looking forward to Christmas. As long as I can remember, I vaguely had fun in Christmas; two years ago I just slept all day, covering my face with the pillow from the excruciating enjoyment the people outside my room. Imagine that one little corner where a Christmas Grinch was hanging out. Last year Christmas wasn't that interesting at all, I mean, I considered the word 'stuck' in Cavite because of the absence of the signal there. I had fun spending time with my cousins Princess & Ruth, but it's annoying that communication doesn't exist there.

As I've said, I wasn't really looking forward to Christmas until yesterday when we went to our church in Manila, Cathedral of Praise, to watch the annual Christmas Candle lighting event which is so goosebumpingly(?) excellent by the way. I had chills all throughout the show, seriously. In the middle of the event, that's where I figured out the true meaning of Christmas... yeah it's kind of corny but I can't help it... what I'm trying to say is that Christmas is all about being one at the birth of Jesus Christ. During that show my eyes have seen everyone praising & worshipping God, & that made me happy as little bit of tears escaped my eyes... it's a good thing they didn't notice it. It's not really about giving & receiving, or having noche buena in the middle of the night, that's the Christmas cliches there... it's all really about celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ as one big happy family, amidst all the differences about everything.

So after the event we headed straight to the road to find some fast food chains that are still open. Fortunately McDonald's was still open so we had our dinner there, then we went to Cavite to my aunt's house to eat some more... I enjoyed eating Macaroni salad there. After that we headed home & I ate some more brownies before sleeping. I had a great time & I'm expecting for more today. Merry Christmas to all of you readers & believers! My warmest greetings to all of you! Happy Birthday to Jesus Christ! :)

Signing off, Allan Cullen- Don't hate me cause you ain't me ;P

0 comments: