A Songwriter's Poem

|

To prolong the madness within this sacred heart,
Is having no dreams to promote or to judge.
If love is a lie hidden behind those faulty treason,
Then a tree is a bark without it's summer season.

Standing on a sea or hanging by a rope,
Having to wait for a glimpse of hope,
Upon the first sight without moving a finger,
Is a ruse that endeavors love from hunger.

If a leaf is composed of my blood & my rage,
Then a heart is built to wither from age.
Believing from quoting is a composing recital
Stopping the gush of love & desire.

I grew & outlast from trials & pain,
But never a reason to stop being sane.
For setting my path is a permanent ambition,
A path I consider my biggest oblation.

Mark my amends, my laws & my goals,
For I am at haul with emotions & flaws.
Create some distance or even build a wall,
I am at peace with my lover & soul.

0 comments: