127th Song- You're You & I'm Just Me

|
You’re You & I’m Just Me
Allan Aldrinne Leyva

I’m staring blankly, trying to find something tonight
Are you wondering what I’m thinking?
It’s all the about the pieces
That you’ve put in my beliefs
I thought your love was just a joke to me
Told you what the heck, I still believe

& I am glad that from the people I can love
Miles away it’s you whom I have
& all the while I see your face
You’re sure in what you say
Until you told me that you love me too
& now you proved it’s true
What can I do?
(Chorus)
 
& you said
You’re allowed to love someone you could fix
& that I’m giving you the world to me
I’m allowed to give back all the things that you’re giving
You ask me “why’d you always think you don’t deserve me?”
I kissed your lips & answered you this
 
You’re you & I’m just me
It’s simple but it’s real
  
& now I’m scared while looking at your sleepy eyes
Would you accept me & just be sufficed?
I’m serious when I told you
That I’m still new at this phase
You’re handling me with fragility
I ask why waste your time in loving me
(Repeat Chorus)

I thought your love is just a simple courtesy
An act of getting back for what I did
It’s all about the fate
Who did good once in a while
By giving me someone that I can’t just love
One whom I can praise & bragged about
The only one who knows ‘side & out
(Repeat Chorus 2x)

You’re you & I’m just me

0 comments: