From '09 To '10

|
This morning, I received a text message from my high school friend of mine- 'If you could undo a day that happened this year, would you want to spend that day the way you did it again or would you do it differently?' 

It's not really the type of New Year greeting I would have expected to receive (lol), but the question actually hit me... a lot. What day could've possibly made everything right? What day should I've spent differently?

Although I did start this year with wonderful & life changing expectations, there will always be a way God will show me to prevent me from falling off my course. I've always been thankful for God's decisions for my life & I really love Him for setting up my path that I should take. 
  
This year, however, was very different. This year, the things that I never imagined happening to me did happen. This year, I've lost almost everything that I value. This year, it was seriously a hell of a coaster ride. Trifles can cause so much tribulation, & my life became a ticking bomb.

I could've undo my actions from... (insert the words Youtube, transferring schools, networking, losing some trust, losing my dignity, losing friends, losing everything... just plain everything)...

But then again, without these events I could've turned into someone more selfish, more arrogant, more black-hearted & more self-centered than I have become. It wasn't supposed to go this far, & there are a lot of people that contributed to my actions & character, but in the end I know there's no one else to blame but myself.

Maybe it wasn't the right question for me to answer or it wasn't the right question at all. The question is more like what the type of person I should've turned into if all that events didn't happen to me at all. I was imagining of a monster...

When I think about it, it seems like I was pretty blessed after all. It's not the usual blessings you get everyday, but I believe these blessings in disguise are designed to bring more happiness, simplicity & contentment in the long run.

Now let me have this virtual toast for everyone who passed through the dark tunnel of life & into the light. Cheers for a more prosperous & brighter New Year! Now it's time for me to write the bad stuff I don't want to happen this year in a piece of paper & burn it- my own yearly-tradition! Thank you God for another fruitful LJ year!

Shaping in, shipping out, Aldrinne :D

0 comments: