Bye Brittany...

|
The world mourned on the 20th of December when a news broke out that Brittany Murphy died due to cardiac arrest at the age of 32. It was one of the most devastating news this year, since it's Christmas time & everyone seems enjoying the season.

I received the news on that very day when I was surfing my Facebook on my mobile phone & one of my friends posted a shoutout 'R.I.P. Brittany Murphy' & it got my eyes fully dilated cause it wasn't the usual news that you see everyday. I asked her if this was true since I couldn't fathom the fact that she went away. Unfortunately, it was.

It seems like I'm just like one of the regular bloggers who instantly become fans when some famous star passes away. Trust me, I'm not. I couldn't even accept it for days- the reason why I couldn't post a blog about it. However, when I was reflecting on how I have been losing a lot of 'who's' & 'what's' in my life lately, I thought about her.

It's pretty stupid when I told you guys that Brittany & I were close (It looks stupid in text as well lol). Again I'm not some people who became fans with someone whenever he or she passes away; I show my deep condolences but I don't pretend I'm a fan of Heath Ledger or Michael Jackson etc., although I appreciate their works.

But Brittany Murphy. Sigh.

I became her fan because of the movie Clueless. Yup! One of those flicks that likely started a pop culture about teenage royalty & status quo type of movies. It was one of my favorite flicks of all time & I really like her character there. & it didn't stop there...

I really like 'Uptown Girls' & (I betcha don't know this flick) 'Little Black Notebook' where she starred in. That movie was very memorable to me because I was inspired to do blogging & find more opportunities in life when she said 'I believe we write our own stories and each time we think we know the end... we don't.' Plus, it's really a good movie, hands down!

Of course, who couldn't forget her role as 'Gloria' in Happy Feet?! Because of her version of 'Somebody to Love', it actually became part of my playlist on my iPod.

In a way, I actually became close to her. She was like one of those women who can brighten up anyone's day by her smile & her glow. She was like one of the glow-in-the-dark stickers in a dark room, very noticeable.

Life can be very short; sufferings are there but there are more than happiness you could find in it. It's surprising to see someone who has the potential to do more in his or her life pass away. We couldn't blame them, really, for God knows there's a reason for everything that has happened. We couldn't control life or time... & that's sad when you want more from life.

However, the very best we can do is to live a life full of happiness & contentment amidst the sunny or stormy weather. We can live a great life by doing the right thing, appreciating the blessings that you're receiving & try to focus on your goals & to those people who really love & care for you. Don't focus on how much you have been losing, but focus on how much blessings you have been receiving. All in all, when it's time to go, you just know you have lived a great life.

Something I just thought during my reflection. Good times! God bless & an advanced Happy New Year to everyone! More songs coming up this week! Until then, may you rest in peace, Brittany. We love you! See you up there!
  
Shaping in, shipping, out, Aldrinne

0 comments: