New Year's Recollections, Retributions & Resolutions

|
Just to formally say my farewell to 2009, I have thought about a list of what I have learned from last year's drama. It was a roller coaster ride of a journey, & I'm certain I'll be sticking to the moral lessons I have inculcated from that experience.

First off, I learned how to avoid unnecessary, daring & completely stupid stunts that can ruin & destroy my character & dignity just for the sake of fun & 'being cool'. Yeah, I'm talking about the Youtube videos that got me in big trouble. Maybe because of that, I even had the trauma to make a video for our seminar presentation & my STS project! Just to be clear to everyone, I'm still having second thoughts about future Youtube video exposure, but one thing is clear, I'm not gonna be doing that again.

Another thing I learned from last year is to not associate money from friendship. It's a common fact that business & pleasure doesn't go well with each other. It's not really pleasure though, but friends aren't likely to be future business partners too. They are there during your happy & sad times, but they couldn't really support you financially either. For me, friendship is always at risk once you get 'down to business', & sometimes you could lose both- exactly like what happened to me.

I've always used to keep my feet on the ground, but then again I sometimes think of myself as important or better than other people. It's not that I never learned how to be humble, it's just that there are times when you have to inspire others to be like you. But last year I just went overboard, maybe because I had to (especially in the networking business). If you ask me, I won't be needing appreciation from everyone else, but to those people who know me.

I usually tend to promise something just to end a conversation or a quarrel whatsoever, but in the end it always results to me breaking them. I over-promise & destroy their trust, & last year was like a whole lot of promising & breaking. It's actually in my character to act before I think again, so this time I'm gonna make sure that I'll think first before I say or do anything.
  
Maybe it looks like I'm negating myself, but I'm just pointing out all the bad personality I need so that I could really turn into a respectable & good person. This year it's all about focusing on my studies, having time to myself & to all my TRUEST love ones & friends (who never backstab me nor leave me), graduating & passing the local boards, acquiring three hundred compositions or more, maintaining my physical fitness & making sure that I think before I do anything.
  
I learned a lot last year, hopefully I won't be making the same mistakes again... I'm sure enough that I won't be making them again! & I wish I could make use of these life lessons to avoid any further tribulation.
  
I'm gonna be preparing for the start of school & my orientation in Philippine Orthopedic Center tomorrow. More songs coming up this week, I promise! God bless & take care everyone! Have a happy back-to-school week! Cheers to 2010!

Goodbye '09 & Hello '10, Aldrinne :D

0 comments: