Thank you...

|
Hey guys! I'm back to blogging again, & this time I'm gonna make sure I won't be doing such a risky thing like my sudden evacuation from one blog to another. I mean, I was seriously having troubles finding myself a perfect blogging platform; of course there was Wordpress, Blog, Typepad & etc. but I have to go for a URL with a blogspot.com on its end.

Anyways, I myself am surprised that my hands were trying to control my itch to blog, & leaving my Friendster blog made me ambivalent in my decision to settle for another one. My only reason why I moved was because of its blogging storage space thingy, & it's filling up so I had to take actions.

So I'm still not an expert of this CSS thingy where I can manipulate all the designs but I'm sure I'll be gaining some knowledge to that in the future.




My first post of this month... just a simple thank you note! I really am devastated but more overjoyed by how things have happened these past few weeks. By now, I'm sure that the whole world has heard of the recent typhoon that took so much from the Philippines. Of course, we've also heard about the earthquake in India & the tsunami in Samoa. Seems like different natural (& somehow man-made) calamities have been circling around the globe & some people are wondering if God is cleansing again like that of Noah's time.

First of all, God already promised that He wouldn't do that again... not that it's bad (nothing is bad when it comes to God's decisions) but because He was trying to give us a message (not a warning). Luckily, almost all the people in this world have figured it out.

The typhoon Ketsana that almost flooded the entire National Capital Region left us a frightening scene that I couldn't believe it happened in the first place. When the rain started to flood the school area, I went straight home to prepare for a family event in Las Pinas. Obviously, my grandmother texted me to stay in our house than venture outside. I was stucked, actually, but I'm comfortable.




At around one o'clock the electricity went out. I planned to sleep as a mean of waiting for the rain to stop & the electricity to come back. Unfortunately, the rain did stop but left a flood outside our village. The electricity hasn't changed at all. During that moment I thought I was suffering too much... but when I watched the news the day after, I felt guilty complaining at all.

Pictures & videos everywhere about the flood heightened both our alertness & will to help. Long story short- we browsed the internet & watched the news about where & when to volunteer. One of my bestfriends, Eric, & I invited our friends to go help & volunteer. We really had so much fun packing & carrying some stuff. It was like we're helping & having fun at the same time.



This post is actually for the people who gave their time away just to volunteer. First off, Eric De Los Santos whom I call a 'schizophrenic man with a golden heart' lol. If it wasn't for him, we wouldn't be able to have this volunteering-activity in the first place. I also want to thank my close friends Reese Ortega who have been coordinating with the plans (on what color we should all wear lol), Jhing Dalmacion who is very determined to help, Raymond Cruz, achi Angeli Martin who is 'truly an angel underneath all that vanity', Jannah Pua with her crazy antics, Mommy Margie Olivares & Ahiya Mynard Enano, Joanna del Castillo, Edward Campomanes, Karla Bagasin, & of course, my 'bestpre' Mark Jabalde for showing his efforts just to volunteer. All these people that I've mentioned really has a good heart & I'm proud having friends like them. Thank you guys!


I know everyone would be saying that they have lost everything or something like that, but I think we've gained so much more. We've gained friends, alertness, concern to our fellow countrymen, value to our country, & so much love from the people & from our God.

To where I came from... everybody's a hero.


Shaping in, shipping out, I'm back! Aldrinne :D

0 comments: