A Bionic & Biological Father

|
Being appreciative... or becoming more appreciative is one of the things I really learned this year. I mean, why can't I? This year I got myself a father, a more uncomplicated relationship with my mom (lol she's gonna be so angry when she sees this), a better complexion on the inside & on the outside, a better outlook in life, a better school with great professors, a new set of friends, & a better appreciation towards the five of my best of friends Eric De Los Santos, Mark Antony Jabalde, Rachelle Ang, Mhae Co & Celine Leonardo even when we don't see each other more often now. & oh yeah... Twitter too! lol


It's a crazy journey... really a crazy journey. I think I have to give an even more better kudos at my loving God, who never gave up on changing me. Crazy changing journey!


There are still a lot of downsides in my life though. It's better to acknowledge it & focus on a lot of happy thoughts but sometimes you just have to say it. Before I drank two glasses of coke & got a sugar rush from it, I thought about my biological dad & how he's doing with his own family now. I don't do drama much (like before) but I couldn't imagine how an adult like my dad do such a thing to us.


I'm not really being judgmental, people. I guess it's probably one of those reflection-moments where I asked myself if people usually follow the rules... or follow their hearts. My dad actually did the latter one, & I'm not sure (20% sure & 80% unsure) if he's happy with the things he'd received after this big decision. I'm not against his family there too, of course; I think it's still nice that his children there have a father to look up to. Trust me... it's no fun being the eldest & have this job where you get to be the father of your own family. Being responsible at an early age, too, both has a positive & negative effects.


Either way, at least I think I turned out right... not that there's no right or wrong in growing up, I'm just a little blessed in a way.


I kinda associated my biological father to a bionic one too... maybe because of the fact that he couldn't get emotional when it comes to our emails; I think not replying is more like not taking his long-distance-dad-job seriously & that it feels like he doesn't need kids like us. I don't know... I'm pretty sure he couldn't have the strength to send something too, but I want him to understand how we don't want to be left hanging especially those times when we were expecting him to email us about our situation here during the typhoon Ketsana/ Ondoy. My dad now, on the other hand, was really worried... so it kinda compensated that of my biological dad's big time!


The only thought about this post is... can people be emotionally bionic all the time?


Shaping in, shipping out, Aldrinne

0 comments: