Employ-not-meant

|
I think the only way for me to lease this problem & feel better is by doing a blog post about it. It's the only thing that doesn't talk back, & I seriously need some ears for the moment.

So yesterday I got a call from the company I applied in last week. It was actually, for a fresh graduate, a dream job for me; not only that the office is like five minutes from my house, it's also based in the medical field (I actually prefer jobs related to my course). I don't actually care about my salary, just having a job like this one can actually make me happy.

This week, I actually wake up earlier than my usual. Even though I sleep late, I always wake up at four or five in the morning. & the thing about that is, I don't even have something very important to do. I instantly start surfing the net to make an early blog post, & I even make a song whenever caffeine & creativity is kicking in too much.

So my final job interview was schedules at eight o'clock in the morning at their other office venue somewhere in Makati. & last night I was constantly preparing for it; I studied about tips on job interviews, reviewed some abstract test, put out my best corporate attire, & prayed to God for wisdom. I slept at around one o'clock. Seven hours until the interview.

That's when I made one big mistake.
  
I actually woke up at around three o'clock. It was still early & dark outside, & if I was going to sleep rather than a nap for bedtime, I would've been so sleepy in my interview especially in the examination. I decided to sleep for an hour or two just to catch up on my sleeping.

When I wake up, I looked straight to the window to find out that's it's now too bright outside. I quickly took a glance on my cellphone- it was 7:38 AM. It took me a moment to realize this is happening; I know I heard the alarm screaming at my ear & I know I was going to go out my bed after a minute. 'What just happened?'

I went out the bedroom & just sit there, eyes staring blankly, hands clumped together, praying for another chance to do it all over again & get out of bed even at three o'clock. It was too late. I browsed through my phone & texted my aunt for advice. It was really too late. This time I had no plan B to think of.

So now, I'm still stuck here in front of the computer ranting all these to you. But I actually thought about God & His plans for me. Even if this is actually a dream job for me, God is telling me there's a bigger place for me out there & I just need to search for it. These all happened for a reason, & I just need to appreciate the better things that will soon be coming straight at me. Have a great day everyone! Happy birthday to my very dear best friend, Karen Yap! I really miss her!

Recharging, Aldrinne

4 comments:

JLean said...

Dropping by ere. =)

suhaisweet said...

nice blog & en3 dude..keep it up.. visit mine if free..lets share together ;)

Vince G said...

No worries man, crocks of chances out there for you=) You'll get a job real soon!

ohmywtf said...

aww...pat pat....well, like u said, see the brighter side of wat happened...who knows, there are indeed better choices? cheers :-)