Employ-Meant After All

|

Hey everyone! So I'm going to tell you a little plan that I devised to really get the job I was talking about yesterday. Even though this Plan B might be a little risky at first, because of the fact that the company I applied into has no office hours during the weekends, I still pulled it off in the end. & you know what, I think what I did today was more than what I have expected for myself.

So you guys knew about my dilemma about waking up thirty minutes before the scheduled exams & interview yesterday. It really got me devastated & then I inculcated about God having other big plans for me so I'm just gonna let go of this one & move on. I wasn't really prepared as well, so it might be better to miss it in the first place than to pull off a suicide stunt.

But as I was curling up to my bed, regressing, I thought about what a blogger in Nuffnang told me- it's better to be late & try it than not trying it at all. That really got me asking to myself. You see, even though I'm sure God has a plan for me, is missing out the interview & exam really means that God has another company set out for me? Or He just want me to get another chance to 'really' study hard & 'really' prepare for it?

I've thought it for a moment. A really long moment though. When I woke up & saw how much encouragement & support my mom, my super dad, my aunt & my grandmother were giving me, I decided to went over there tomorrow, Saturday morning, earlier than eight o'clock & completely furnished & ready. There was this spark of hope, although too little to be seen & felt, that built my optimism up from eight percent to eighty.

So last night, when I finished blogging & all that, I started to go through the sites talking about successfully getting the job & some interview tips. To my surprise, almost all the things that I've read  there didn't occur to me when I was applying for a job in the previous company. From the appropriate outfit up until the answers to the common job interview questions, I was completely dumbfounded by these realizations. It wasn't easy at all, I thought. I also took the time to deeply study the company from the products & services that they were offering, to the company's mission, vision & history.

I woke up at around three o'clock in the morning, only having two hours of sleep. & I began to rehash all the things that needed to be done for the interview & exam. It was risky, cause even when I want them to know that I do know that it'll be scheduled today & not yesterday by just showing up, I don't have any assurance that the office there was operating on weekends.

I still went straight there, & to my surprise... it was empty. No one was there but a guard & the maintenance team. It was seven o'clock in the morning, but I still waited for someone there to show up & give me the test & the interview. & an hour passed still no sign of employees there. I was kinda falling asleep on my chair, & I didn't even have a heavy breakfast & water to ease my insides. I prayed to God once again... & boy am I glad to see all these people coming in.

The people in that company were all nice; they actually treated me as if they're the ones who needs to get interviewed. I still felt jittery, but it wasn't out of nervousness, but because I was just hungry. & in the end, I even got a thumbs up on my exam & some compliments from the interviewer herself. The plan was a success, & I'm lucky enough to pass them all even when my chances were really that small.

So now I'm scheduled for the final interview in my real office, the one when I will be working in, on whenever the interviewer has decided. & I really want to thank my family for the encouragement & the push, to God who never fails to impress me (I love you!), & to my fellow bloggers as well who did not just cheered me up throughout the entire time I was devastated, but also for giving me the advice & the inspiration just like my real & true friends are giving. Have a blessed day everyone! I'm gonna go eat dinner now! :)

There will always be glimpses of hope, Aldrinne :D

3 comments:

Vince G said...

Congrats! Don't oversleep on the day of the final intereview k? XD

ohmywtf said...

hey..all the best with ur interview bro! :-)

Unknown said...

Was that for a call center?