Get a Globalian Grip!

|
(This is my entry post for the Blogger.com contest)

I sit here today pondering on how I should begin my post to create awareness for our school. I made some grandiose introductions on how the school proved to be one of the very best as it grew over the couple of years & some analogies & comparisons about how my school seems to be like an eagle- the strength it endeavored to spread its wings & fly towards the sky... towards success. For short, it's all about a bunch of crappy motivational moving trifled words, not that any of them aren't true, it's just that it's given already! If I talked about how Global City Innovative College transformed itself from a 'starlet' to today's 'it girl' of colleges & universities because of the products (GCIC graduates) it created, then we'll just get into circles. I mean, how am I supposed to make a 'blog entry that will create awareness for GCIC & should generate community readership'? I can't even make my little sister to eat her vegetables, what more can I say to convince the school about being a true, proud Globalian.

To tell you the truth, no matter how many epiphanies I'm having to reel in some blogging ideas I just couldn't find the right words for this blog post to sell. I thought, even without some big appetizers for this message, at least I could find the right entree, but I just can't. I know GCIC has the incredible talent to make itself one of the best colleges today, but how can I prove that it is? What result should I tell the world? Then there it was... it slapped my thoughts into working- I am the RESULT!

A suggestion from a little conversation made me visit the GCIC institution back when I was looking for a good school with a cool environment, literally. I got acquainted with the school atmosphere faster than I thought, transforming me from a silent shy guy to a fresh confident (I even ran for secretary for the GSSA election) responsible student nurse. I experienced the overhaul even more with the innovations the school it implemented. I was once unsure about the course I have chosen because my mom made me took nursing, but believe it or not, I fell in love with it because of the school itself. I have met the right ingredients in being a good person. I am the result, & the ones who experienced something good too are the results as well. Forget the confidence I acquired, forget the real life lessons I learned, forget the friends I met, forget the perfect grades, forget the teachers & clinical instructors who never failed to give me the knowledge I need, forget the pieces I've put together on my missing parts- I owe it to GCIC & nothing else.
 
Although I'm not a leader or something, I'm still a person too... more importantly, a GCIC nursing student & a proud result of this institution, & I'm trying to give something back to the school- respect, not that we're behaving like children, one of the things we learned from our school was to be mature in every step of the way, it just seems that we don't appreciate the things the school is giving us. How can we do that? It's really that simple- prioritize! GCIC wants to continue their legacy, which is to create better results. The only thing they're asking from us is to set those games aside & bring in the culture of competence. Whatever we want from our lives, our school is making it better. We just need to follow with the waves of our academe; who ever said change isn't good, right? Get a Globalian Grip everyone, because as responsible results we need to score a little more attention to prove that Global City Innovative College never failed to paved us through the right way. We can do this- there's no 'I' in 'team' right? :)
 
I sit here today pondering on how I should end my post to create awareness for our school. To try & make a good dessert for this post, I would end it with a simple reminder for all of us Globalians- College is like a place to keep you warm between a faulty highschool life & a normal job career, so make the most out of your GCIC life. Let's prove that we're not just a school, we're a family. Let's all plant the seeds of our school.
  
A composition I created & submitted for a competition during GCIC Nurse's Week entitled GCIC Family.

Global Family
Allan Aldrinne Leyva

(Verse I)
We plant the seeds of faith
Then everything becomes so great
From the start we were unsure
But now we all salute the excellence
  
We need to be innovative
Cause we are strong & shrewd
To show the truth to you

(Chorus)
That we are one when it comes to GCIC
Opening opportunities
We are one by sharing a single passion
We all have dreams & it’s our right to be
Part of Global family

(Verse II)
For years we renovate
Commitments made we never break
When it comes to giving more
We balance all the love we teach

Today I strive to fly above the sky
We build the hopes & dreams
To conquer everything

(Chorus)
Cause we are one when it comes to GCIC
Opening opportunities
We are one by sharing a single passion
We all have dreams & it’s our right to be
Part of Global family

(Bridge)
& now we marched to the start of our victory
Having all the praises they were throwing at me
All the while we’ve been ready to spread our wings
Having knowledge & the talents that our God can give

There can be a hindrance to this world
But I believe & I have faith
To reach more than we could what we’re reaching in
Cause we have one song to sing
(Repeat Chorus 2x)

Celebrate our victory

0 comments: