Maturity 102

|
   
I've always been asking myself whenever I think about the big & little things I've done in my life; was it always a mature thing to do or to decide?

Maturity, for me, is something I've incorporated with one's physique; if you turn thirteen & you notice some body changes in you, that's where you become mature. Of course, handling big responsibilities & appropriate conversations make you one too, but you suddenly think these are all in one area of your life only.

So how would one become wholly mature?

I've recently been praying to God that He would help me become mature. Not just in one part of my life, but to all the factors that contribute to my holistic being. It's not that I don't like being childish, I just wanted to act & look the best that I can considering I'm already becoming an adult. & becoming one requires sticking to the best decisions for your life.

An example I really want to point out is when Noynoy Aquino spent some time to himself to decide on whether to run for president in our country or not. Almost all the people who are close to him influenced him, & being president is a big, big responsibility that really requires a lot of thinking.

My point is, maturity requires time. In every big & little decisions you got to face, if you're mature you need not to rush time. Of course there will always be bad decisions (which is why I made this blog post), but if you're mature enough, accepting defeat & fixing the problem would earn you maturity points, even when people think you're childish enough to make a bad decision in the first place. Don't fret cause you're the only critic of your own life anyway.

Holding your silence, even when people might accuse you to their meanest gossips & tribulation, is something that, for me, makes you a mature person. I think it's the best way to shut those judgmental people's mouth, showing that you're not even slightly affected to the accusations you were not a part of. You know what they say, silence is golden.

We're not really perfect people, & sometimes life requires you to go through hell just to learn something. It doesn't mean that when you grow old, you become mature. There's a difference. I know I will always think about or do childish things, even when you know & believe that even just for a little you're mature in all aspects of your life. Whoever said we're not childish in nature in the first place anyways? 

Good times, Aldrinne :D

0 comments: